What is Outsourcing?
Outsourcing is entrusting outside vendors to satisfy the processes of business’ functions. There are many administrative and technical tasks that need satisfying to create a successful passive income business. If you don’t have the skills or the time to satisfy the tasks, outsourcing is the solution.
Outsourcing with Fiverr
Fiverr is a platform for all outsourced work requiring great expertise and time for execution. Services are offered on this platform by web-developers, designers, and creators, virtual assistants, customer care agents, sales & marketing experts, writers, accountants, and consultants.
You can even have copywriting, power point presentation, administrative work, video creation, website design, content writing and more for as little as $5 with Fiverr.
Benefits of Outsourcing with Fiverr
1.) Cost advantages
All Fiverr services start off at $5, which is a significantly lower cost compared to what most vendors charge for the same services. But the reward in outsourcing on Fiverr is that you are exposed to vendors worldwide that can afford to charge you a fraction of what Western countries would charge, and not sacrifice quality.
Also, some services cost more than $5, but the cool thing about Fiverr is that you can always negotiate rates with freelancers.
2.) Working with experts
Fiverr is a common ground for experts in multiple technical areas, offering to bring years of experience and expertise in delivering complex outsourcing projects. Thus, they can do the job better with their knowledge and understanding of the domain. This leads to an increase in productivity and efficiency in the process thereby contributing to the bottom-line of your company.
3.) Focus on core areas
Outsourcing your business processes with Fiverr would allow you to target your attention towards the most important core areas, including: building your brand, investing in research and development and move on to providing higher value added services.
Disadvantages of Outsourcing with Fiverr
1.) Vendors are not screened
One disadvantage to outsourcing with Fiverr, or in general, for that matter, is that freelancers aren’t screened prior to signing up. This means that people can pretend to have expertise in critical areas, and prove to be inexperienced and incompetent after hiring them.
The best way to avoid this is by communicating with the contractor prior to hiring them. Ask them the right questions to make sure they have the level of experience that you’re seeking.
2.) Popular vendors with limited time
Fiverr allows you to filter your search for “top rating sellers.” Depending on the job, some of these people can have more than 50 jobs in their queue at a single time, which naturally questions the quality of the work they’re able to put into satisfying your job.
This really isn’t that big of a deal because several people create a business out of Fiverr and end up teaming with other experts to help them fulfill the orders. This way, vendors can have unlimited “gig requests”, and not compromise quality or their top rating status.
On the down side, top rating vendors tend to not offer revisions for work they’ve submitted to you as completed, and therefore you’ll have to live with what you get. But don’t fret. Most vendors will work with you if you’re not happy because they don’t want your rating to reflect your displeasure with their work. After expressing your dissatisfaction, most vendors will try to resolve your issues, otherwise, you can always open a dispute with Fiverr.
3.) Too many options
Depending on the job, Fiverr may offer hundreds of options for vendor selection. This can be overwhelming, especially when so many freelancers are offering similar services and you simply can’t decide who will be the best fit for your business needs.
For this reason, Our Black Business offers our personal list of Fiverr experts to anyone who signs up though our site. We know how hard it is trying to find the best vendors to satisfy your needs, and not having the time to scrutinize each of them. You simply want to instruct the contractor on what to do, and trust that their experience and knowledge will do the rest.
Unfortunately when outsourcing this isn’t always the case. Sometimes you have to conduct research to find the best vendors. But having our list eliminates all of that.
Simply click here to sign up. Once you have an account, send an email to email@example.com with “Fiverr Signup” in the subject line, and then provide us with your username. We will send you our list to help you get started with your business needs.
Getting started Outsourcing on Fiverr
- Register on Fiverr by clicking the ‘Join’ button on the site.
- Once you’ve signed up, you can either browse for freelancers to hire, “post a request” for a job, or promote your own skills by becoming a seller on Fiverr.
- When posting a request for a job, make sure you are specific about what you want. Don’t assume the freelancer know what your specific needs are. Ask questions and require the contractor to agree to satisfying your specified job functions before hiring them. Also, be sure to specify a deadline and your expectations for the job.
- After posting a request for a job, you will receive offers from many freelancers. Go after someone that’s rated over 4.5 stars with at least 10 unique ratings. Buyers are able to rate contractor’s communication and service, and give feedback about their experience. Be sure to read those comments to see how others felt about the freelancer’s work.
- When becoming a seller, make sure you are specific about what you’re offering. Having a video describing your services is excellent for exposure, otherwise create a bullet list of your expertise. Also, make sure to specify a realistic time frame you’re able to finish the job. The last thing you want to do is offer to finish in 2 days, when it really takes you 3 or 4 days, and risk a poor rating with Fiverr. Poor ratings equal no sales.
Overall, outsourcing is necessary when you have outstanding functions for your business and don’t have the expertise and or time to satisfy them. We recommend Fiverr for your outsourcing needs because of the cost advantages offered as well as having exposure to thousands of experts in a slew of technical areas.
There are disadvantages to using Fiverr for outsourcing, including: Fiverr‘s lack of screening of vendors, top rating vendors tend to have limited time, and too many freelancer options to choose from. But the good thing is that outsourcing cons doesn’t outweigh the pros, and in the end, Fiverr is probably the most popular and best solution for outsourcing online business obligations.